Sunday, December 11, 2011

Scenes from Newburyport

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending the Custom House Maritime Museum Holiday House Tour in Newburyport, MA. Let me give a huge congratulatory shout out to fabulous tour co-chair Kristen H., who not only accomplished an amazingly successful event but also graciously hosted a group of fellow members from the Junior League of Boston for the tour. Way to go, Kristen! Thanks again for a wonderful day.

Here are a few of my favorite scenes from the lovely homes and holiday decor.





The Custom House is ready for the holidays.









In addition to the tree, there was a silent auction of wreaths in conjunction with the tour.



The center wreath is made from a portion of a ship's mast.



My personal favorites included the white felt wreath and the pink bauble wreath.









Next stop: the parade of homes! These photos are just a sampling of the many sights both in the tour homes and in the surrounding neighborhoods.















I was very happy to spy some Fiesta in one home.



Who would have thought of rope as a tree skirt and garland?







Remember to take a break for cider and doughnuts!



Look in the yards and parking lots as well~























Of course there were tablescapes, too!























What a great use for all of those bronzed baby shoes!











We found our Christmas tree on the drive home, so I'll have my holiday decor to share soon.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day. Thanks for sharing. I like the bauble wreath too! I'm glad there was Fiesta and tablescapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed all of the pictures, Daphne! I like that lamp that is sitting next to the Fiesta Teapot. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete