Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

There are so many lovely tablescapes all across Blogland today to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I'm celebrating, too, but with a twist. I've had a wonderful time tablescaping through the winter and cooler Spring temps, but now that the weather is warming up, it's time to move into "Acquisition Season" for tabletop collectors. The Brimfield Fair is next week, and the rest of summer will be filled with many fabulous shopping opportunities for vintage devotees. Before I can add more vintage linens, dishes and accesories to my treasure trove, I really need to get the rest of my tablecloths into my database. Blogging is so handy this way: a chance both to share with others and to keep up with what you already own!

Today I'm starting with Mexican-themed cloths. I used many of these in tablescapes in pre-blog days. It's fun to look back and see how my 'scaping style has changed over time.

Let's kick things off with some alternate colorways for the Wilendur Manjares tablecloth designed by John Madsen in 1940. Here's the cloth in a cobalt blue colorway.







You can also see the yellow colorway of this cloth in this Summer Celebrations post. All three colorways, including turquoise can be found here.

It will take lots of individual posts to log in all of these cloths, so stay tuned for a Mexican post-a-rama today!

No comments:

Post a Comment