Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Snowy Day Sunday Favorite

I'm joining Chari at Happy to Design for a Sunday Favorite from December 20, 2009 that's very appropriate given that we got another 18" of snow this week!

**********************************************************************************

When it looks like this outside,


(note: this is our neighbors' charming home.)



I think it's only fitting to have a tabletop that looks like this









We live in a neighborhood of little 1940's Capes, and this cloth really evokes the feel of our streets on a snowy day.

Here's a run down of the contents: Retro Red Stripe Fiesta dinner plates with juniper salad plates, Christmas tree glasses from Walmart sometime in the mid-90's, jingle bell napkin rings from Pier One, Fiesta napkins, Oneida Deauville flatware. The centerpiece features an oval mirror, house ornaments and bottle brush trees.

2 comments:

  1. Really cute tablescape and yes it does look like your neighborhood! Love the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daphne...

    Sooo pretty, my friend! I love your vintage table cloth and your absolutely right...it does remind me of your neighborhood! By the way, I love those snowy photos! Ohhh my...another 18" of snow? My friend, you are living in a winter wonderland! Which leads me to your beautiful table centerpiece...I just love how you made the little village around the pond (mirror)...love that! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful tablescape with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party this week!

    Warmest winter wishes...stay warm, my friend!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete