Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tabletop Time: Holiday Edition

Welcome to Tabletop Time!

I collect dishes made by the Homer Laughlin China Company and vintage tablecloths and table accessories. In July 2009, I presented an exhibit at the conference of the Homer Laughlin China Collectors Association entitled "Tabletop Time." The exhibit featured placesettings that showcased my collections and offered some history of the wares. This blog is a followup to that exhibit to celebrate the holiday table.

Here are a few of my favorite things to welcome December: a vintage tablecloth, Riviera dinnerware, blue and pearlized Bakelite flatware and pine cone elves.









6 comments:

  1. Hi Daphne!

    Excellent, I'm in the middle of making dinner, but will be back in a bit!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I'm so excited that you are finally doing a blog!!! Can't wait to see your tablescapes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much fun! Living vicariously through you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! Love your "Christmas on the Riviera" tablescape!! Looking forward to seeing more more more.....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely, Riviera! What a nice way to start your tablescaping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, friends! I'm looking forward to sharing lots of holiday fun with you.

    ReplyDelete