Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rebecca's Birthday Luncheon

What do you do when it's your dish buddy's birthday and she lives on the other side of the country? Hold a luncheon in blogland, of course! Rebecca, I hope you're ready for a round of parties today, because after our luncheon you're expected at The Little Round Table, Random Musings of a Deco Lady, and Dishing With CaraFaye. We Tablecloth Divas have missed 'scaping with our fellow diva of late, so lots of tabletop fun is flowing today!

Rebecca and I both like tropical and sea 'scapes, so let's start with a Simtex Clambake tablecloth.



Aren't these sea creatures just the cutest?





Now let's add some of Rebecca's favorite contemporary Fiesta color, lemongrass, some accessories, and voila!









These vintage pink fish dishes were imported from France for a line called Peasant Village. They're just perfect for a little shrimp salad.



The Fiesta cake serving set (perched on an inverted hostess bowl) is ready for the birthday cake. These adorable fish napkin rings from Italy were a gift from a Dish Fairy. I had been waiting for a special occassion to use them, and today is just perfect. They hold vintage napkins in case you need a little help with your crumbs!





Happy Birthday, Rebecca! I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'm looking forward to the next luncheon that we share.





Other items on the tabletop include glassware, demitasse cups & saucers (for our Seattle's Best coffee), salt & pepper shakers, prep bowls, serving utensils, and a disk pitcher from the post-86 Fiesta line. The luncheon plates are Fiestaware 2000, and the flatware is Royal Rope by Gibson.

I'm also inviting all the good folks from Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch to the party.

10 comments:

  1. Great tablecloth Daphne, nice and colorful for a celebration! Happy B-Day Rebecca! I haven't seen these pink fish dishes before-so cute:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun table. I love having a party in 'blogland'!! Great idea! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect, Daphne! Lemongrass, pink, and fishies...all the things Rebecca loves most! Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table makes me pine for the beach! A really great setting Daphne. So bright and welcoming (a rainy, grey day here, so I'm particularly noticing that).

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Now, I'm going to have to check to see if the other tablescapers did a birthday table for her too. What a sweet idea!

    I love the whole table, starting with the wonderful tablecloth. My favorite other parts are the fish plates and the napkin rings.

    Too cute! You know, when you start out with such cute linens, it just makes it all the more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh.....I love the colors, and the stripes, and all the creatures of the sea!

    Hope you're having a tropical birthday in paradise, Rebecca, even though you're in drizzly Seattle. Love you, S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daphne - I'm in love with this "crabby" table! LOL
    Everything looks so happy and welcoming, wish I could have come for lunch . .... but I bet it will work for dinner too. :-)

    Beautious!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been the best birthday ever! All my favorite divas and the most fabulous tablescapes! Thank you!!! Hugs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am wildly in love with this table!!! OH, how cute. HOW cute! How CUTE! I can't even tell you what I like best, but starting with the cloth and ending with everything on the table might be the way. It's perfect. I know your friend must have loved it. Happy Birthday to Rebecca, and thanks for sharing this adorable table with us.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete