Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Fruits

Last night I hosted a small supper for my Junior League council. I used a vintage Wilendur tablecloth for a summer fruit theme. This tablecloth was one of my first purchases when I started collecting vintage linens. I found it in an antique store in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia in February 2009 while driving back from a trip to Georgia. It's one of my very favorite cloths, and I was thrilled to use it to host this wonderful group of women!









The placesettings featured Fiesta dinnerware, Oneida Deauville flatware and Villeroy & Boch Boston tumblers.







I was especially pleased to use flowers from my garden for the centerpiece. The hydrangeas and yarrow are at their peak this week.





The vintage Bakelite napkin rings were a bit hit.





On the menu~garlic shrimp and grits, mixed greens with pecans and champagne vinagrette, buttermilk biscuits and lemon curd pound cake.

3 comments:

  1. I love the napkin rings, too! And, of course, the tablecloth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I like the way you set the dishes. Great idea!! Oh those napkin rings are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigo o seu blog e gosto muito da sua arte em arrumar mesa.
    Parabéns!
    Tenha uma noite abençoada.
    Beijinho.









    1
    1

    ReplyDelete