Saturday, February 26, 2011

Seafood Supper and a New Feature

It's been a very frustrating winter in New England. Either weather or illness has prevented us from taking a lot of the weekend road trips we usually enjoy, including our February trip to Maine for shrimp season. The little Maine shrimp are so sweet and tasty. We enjoy them fresh and stock up on frozen ones to bring home.

Thank goodness a little Tabletop Time diversion while we wait for the right time to make our shrimp run! I'm ready for that seafood supper whenever we get to make the trip.

























This little copper lobster mold was a gift from a Dishfairy. Thank you! I feel so much better after a little creative time with such a warm tabletop, and the copper is the perfect touch in all of the scarlet and ivory.

The goods on this table~

HLCCA Retro Red Stripe Fiesta dinner plates, tumblers and pitcher
Hall lobster plates and salt & pepper shakers
Fiesta candleholders, ramekins, berry bowls and divided vegetable bowl in scarlet
Vintage Riviera salad plates
Gibson flatware
Vintage tablecloth and napkins

I've also used the downtime this season to add a tablecloth database to Tabletop Time. Just click on the photo on the upper right hand side of this post to visit my compilation of table linens.



I'm sharing this tablescape for~

Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper

Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life

Tablescape Thursday
at Between Naps on the Porch

15 comments:

  1. What a fun table Daphne! Lovin' the lobster dishes, and the tablecloth is great:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never think of seafood in the winter, but this is perfect! Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Daphne, I'm bj from Sweet Nothings and I don't think we've met. So glad to know you.

    I love your bright, pretty table. For some reason, it all reminds me of my aunt's tables in the 40's. Funny how certain things stand out in your mind over the years. I just remember going to her house and her table was always so pretty.:)
    Come by to see me when you can. I have a CSN $45. giveaway going on this week. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and uplifting table. I love the lobster dishes!!! Hopeful you will have time to go shrimping soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daphne, the table is gorgeous! I love the way you've combined everything. And how wonderful that you've got your database done. I need to get started on that!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red and white, my new favorite combination of colors! I'm slowly transforming my kitchen to red, white and a little black thrown in for good measure. Very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful red, red table! I love it, specially those red crab plates, so much fun. The tablecloth is great too and also the flatware.
    Hope you visit me Daphne, I'd love to have you.

    XOXO
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat! Again with the wonderful tablecloths! I just love the red, and who doesn't love lobsters? The tablecloth database is a great addition! You have the best tablecloths in blogland! WONDERFUL!!!!! That flatware is FAB!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by! The weather is finally turning a bit, so we may be hitting the road soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun table. Those lobster dishes are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love shrimp! Hope you get to make your trip. Your table really is full of cheer though. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. A pretty table and I LOVE the tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The red and white table certainly brightens up a cold snowy day!! It is so cheerful and inviting that I almost can taste the lobster and shimp! The lobster dishes are just so cute.....would like to own those myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Daphne!

    Doing some catching up on a lazy Sat morning .... lobster should be a major food group! One of my favorite foods of all time. :-) The red and white cloth is very pretty and I love the basket at the center of your table. Nicely done!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete