Sunday, November 28, 2010

Back to Where We Started

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! That means the one year anniversary of my blog is rapidly approaching. Since it's Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper and Sunday Favorites at Happy To Design, let's take a look back at how things started on my tabletop. This post originally appeared on December 1, 2009.


Welcome to Tabletop Time!

I collect dishes made by the Homer Laughlin China Company and vintage tablecloths and table accessories. In July 2009, I presented an exhibit at the conference of the Homer Laughlin China Collectors Association entitled "Tabletop Time." The exhibit featured placesettings that showcased my collections and offered some history of the wares. This blog is a followup to that exhibit to celebrate the holiday table.

Here are a few of my favorite things to welcome December: a vintage tablecloth, Riviera dinnerware, blue and pearlized Bakelite flatware and pine cone elves.











9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary. I love your collections and always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and colorful! Lovin' the tablecloth Daphne:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your table and the vintage dishes and ornaments. wow those ornaments. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daphne...

    My friend, I'm sooo happy to see you for Sunday Favorites today...thank you so much for joining in with the fun! What a beautiful and colorful Christmas table! It's so festive and fun...the mix of all the different colors just make me smile! You really do have a fabulous collection of Homer Laughlin china! I love the shape of the dinner plates...sooo pretty! Ohhh...and your vintage Christmas tablecloth is awesome!!! I have to tell you that I found your little pinecone elves absolutely adorable! I'm wondering if I could make some? They're sooo cute!!! Well dear lady, this sweet post definitely deserved a second showing...thank you so much for sharing it with us today!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daphne,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is my favorite dinnerware - my grandparents had it at their cabin when I was a child. I have a few pieces in blue and yellow, but now I know the name and can get it so much easier.
    Count me in as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words, eveyrone! Carol, I'm so glad that you now know the name of Homer's wonderful scalloped square plates...Riviera! You can find it on ebay and etsy in all range of prices. Do be wary of chips on the back of the flat pieces. Riviera chips if you look at it the wrong way, but I still love it! Happy hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such an incredible collection - so vibrant, so full of life!

    Thank you so much for participating in Seasonal Sundays! I'm glad to be part of your celebration of the season.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard to believe a whole year has passed since you took the plunge into Blogland! It's been a wonderful year for your tabletop.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete